Compound Subjects is a proven effective lesson and aligned to the Common Core standards. It has been already used in several classrooms on the interactive whiteboard. Features an animated instructional video and vocabulary keywords.
• Learn to identify compound subjects in a sentence
• Merge two sentences into one by combining subjects that share a predicate
• Write sentences that contain compound subjects
• Use a phrase bank to create sentences with compound subjects
• instructional animation
• practice examples assessment
• silly sentences generator
INFORMATION FOR TEACHERS & EDUCATORS (USA)
Learning Objectives: Learn to identify compound subjects in a sentence
Grade Level(s): 1, 2, 3, 4
(Dependent on student level)
Common Core Standards
L.1.1.j Produce and expand complete simple and compound declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences in response to prompts.
L.2.1.f Produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences (e.g., The boy watched the movie; The little boy watched the movie; The action movie was watched by the little boy ).